Carrollton, GA Family Law
The Law Offices of Diane M. Sternlieb, J.D., B.S.N., R.N.
Family law involves sensitive and potentially life changing issues. When it comes to you and the best interests of your family, you need powerful representation from an experienced attorney. You need a family lawyer who is committed to seeing your case through to a successful resolution. Attorney Diane M. Sternlieb is the lawyer you need when it seems like the entire legal system is working against you. Her integrity, dedication, and commitment are the qualities she brings to each and every case.
Family Law Practice Areas Include:
- These cases involve more paperwork than court time and are what I refer to as "happy cases" resulting in the addition of a new family member.
- A prenuptial agreement is a contract that is entered into prior to the exchange of marriage vows. I can help in drafting the agreement that is best for you.
- Juvenile Issues
- The juvenile cases I handle primarily involve my representation of minors as a Guardian ad litem.
- Child Custody
- After a divorce, a child still needs equal access to both parents as well as the right to be nurtured and guided by both parents. Joint custody can be considered as another form of custody by the court system.
- If both parties have resolved all issues surrounding the dissolution of their marriage, the divorce is considered uncontested. Uncontested divorce starts at $475 plus court filing fees.
- Legitimation and Paternity
- In the eyes of the law, children born outside of marriage are considered illegitimate. Most people think the only thing needed to "legitimize" a child is for the biological father to sign the birth certificate, however this is incorrect.
If you need representation for your family law case in West Georgia and the surrounding areas, you can call now for a consultation. Diane M. Sternlieb practices throughout Paulding County, Carrollton GA, Newnan GA and Douglasville GA.